Wow, it’s been over a month since I wrote anything on the blog!
Quite a few things have happened since then, and I’ll go into some more detail in posts over the next few days as I catch up. Here’s a rough idea of what’s coming:
- I’ve entered the Green Man Ultra. I’m not entirely sure that’s a good idea, but it’ll now be my first ultra ever!
- I’ve also entered the Pony Express Multistage Ultra, which I’ll be running with my sister. She’s done it before, and I’m so inspired by her running so it’ll be an amazing experience to run with her.
- I got a new watch for Christmas – a Garmin Forerunner 620 – which I love. I can fill my brain with even more useless numbers!
- I also got a new pair of shoes – some Salomon XA Pro 3D Ultra 2 (that’s a mouthful) trail shoes. I’ve only done 1 run so far which seemed OK.
- And finally I got a handheld GPS with OS mapping (a Garmin eTrex 30), mainly because I’m panicking about navigation in the Green Man, and it was at a fantastic price so I couldn’t resist it!
I’ll be back shortly with some more details about the stuff above, but right now I have to go and wash SmallBoy’s hair in the bath! Back later…